PHE full day workshop sessions for UKPHR specialist registrants using SARD
PHE have designed a series of full day workshops (dates below), in preparation for the UKPHR revalidation scheme for specialist registrants using SARD. The workshop will also focus on how to write a PDP as part of the annual professional appraisal. These sessions are for UKPHR specialists under PHE’s remit only.
Morning session 10:00-11:15am
PHE’s Office of the Responsible Officer will provide a draft demonstration of the SARD portfolio sections subtly tailored for Specialist Registrant use, for annual professional appraisal purposes. This session aims to encourage feedback from long and short terms users on the demonstration site to ensure the content in SARD is tailored and as equivalent as possible to GMC requirements.
Afternoon session 11:45 am – 15:30pm
MIAD healthcare will deliver an interactive workshop called ‘Preparing your PDP as part of Annual Professional Appraisal’, made up of the following objectives:
- To understand how to write a good quality Personal Development Plan for the purpose of annual professional appraisal
- Consider your work and your career plans as a UKPHR specialist registrant to help identify potential development objectives
- Practice framing objectives as outcomes rather than inputs
- Review how to write SMART objectives with clear progress measures
- Consider how to chunk long-term aims down into annual objectives
- Assess anonymised example PDPs, and provide formative feedback
- Reflect and Action Plan
Dates and booking
|26 October 2018||Blenheim House, Leeds||7 spaces remaining|
|23 November 2018||St Philips Place, Birmingham||Fully booked, waiting list only|
|06 December 2018||101 Victoria Street, Bristol||5 spaces remaining|
|21 February 2019||Blenheim House, Leeds||1 space remaining|
|18 March 2019||Seaton House, Nottingham||17 spaces remaining|
To book onto one or both of the workshops, please complete and return the form below to email@example.com. Please note that you should ensure you are available to attend the full duration of one or both workshop(s) before booking.
There will be a session held in London once a venue has been confirmed. Please do keep an eye out for an email invitation and also on SARD for confirmed dates of the sessions in London.